Yahoo! Avatars

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

thing # 8

What I love about RSS and readers is the incredible convenience of having the news I am interested in come to me instead of having to look for it. I used Google Reader to subscribe to a number of blogs and organized them into folders according to topic. I will use them to keep up with all the fun things I care about as well as professional topics. As a librarian, Google readers can help keep up with the latest in literature and information technology.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for mentioning "organizing them into folders" in Google Reader! I have been meaning to try that out, and you reminded me. I do love all the time saved with just checking in with RSS feeds. (Kind of like checking your mailbox -- anything new? ok!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the folders can be very helpful...I like using them because I keep similar things together and can concentrate my thoughts on one topic or idea as I read through the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for spreading your great blog..
    Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete