Yahoo! Avatars

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thing #2

When I watched the power point, I was surprised how many of the traits of a life-long learner were familiar to me. I have been going to school for most of my life: first for a degree in literature and linguistics, then in fashion merchandising and design; after a three year break, I took real estate courses to become a realtor, and as such I am required to take a number of hours of continuing education classes every year to keep my license current; three years ago, I decided that I would like to get certified to teach high school social studies, so I enrolled at Texas Tech for the required courses, and now that I finally know what I want to be when I grow up, I am studying again.

The trait that I see as my strength is trait # 4: confidence in myself as a competent and effective learner. My weakness is "playing". It seems that there is always so much to do that playing would be a waste of time, but maybe I am looking at it from the wrong angle. I will make an effort to incorporate "playing" into my learning.

1 comment:

  1. your varied experiences certainly do point life-long learning!

    as for your concern about the playful nature of learning...think about how very young children learn!

    ReplyDelete